Mobile Check Deposit
Have a check to deposit? Skip a trip to the branch and deposit your check right from your camera enabled smartphone!
How do I get started: (view a tutorial here)
- Download the ServU Credit Union mobile app from the Apple, Android or Kindle app stores. If you already have the app, make sure you complete any available updates.
- Sign the back of your check and include the wording: “For Mobile Deposit Only ServU CU”
- Open the app and select “Check Deposit”
- Review the Mobile Remote Deposit Services Agreement (first time users only)
- Select the account you would like to deposit to:
- iPhone users: scroll to the account you would like to deposit to and then click in the “Amount” box below.
- Android users: scroll to the account you would like to deposit to, then click on it.
- Enter the amount of the check you would like to deposit
- Follow the instructions to capture the images of the front and back of your check
For most Mobile Check Deposits, funds will become available in your account after the file is processed by the Credit Union. Mobile Check Deposits are posted to member accounts twice per day. Funds could be deposited into your account the same day if your mobile check deposit is made prior to 3pm on a regular business day. If your mobile check deposit is made after 3pm, it will not be processed until after 8:30am the following business day. All checks are reviewed for accuracy and will not be processed on weekends or holidays. The back of the check must be signed and include the following statement: "For Mobile Deposit Only ServU CU." All checks are subject to a hold at the discretion of the Credit Union. In this case, funds may show as deposited into your account, but the funds will not show as available. Members must qualify for this service.
Do I need to endorse my check?
Yes. Please sign the back of your check as normal and include the wording: "For Mobile Deposit Only ServU CU." Check must be endorsed correctly to be processed. We are required by regulation to reject all checks that are not endorsed correctly.
What do I do with my check after depositing using Mobile Check Deposit?
Once you take the photo of your check, keep the original in a safe place for at least 30 days.
When will the funds be available?
Funds will appear in your account after your "deposit" has been approved. Items received by 3:00 PM (Eastern), during regular business days will be processed by the end of the same business day. Mobile check deposits made after 3pm will not be processed until the following business day. Checks will not be processed on holidays or weekends. If a hold is placed, funds may show as deposited into your account, but the funds will not show as available.
What are the limits?
There are per check deposit limits, daily dollar amount limits, and 30-day rolling dollar amount limits. These limits are based on criteria such as type of account, services used at the credit union, and balance maintained at the credit union. We review accounts regularly and update limits accordingly.
How do I know my limit?
When you first register for Mobile Check Deposit, you will receive an email stating your per deposit limit, daily deposit limit and rolling 30-day deposit limit. Additionally, your per deposit limit will display in the Amount box that is filled in before you submit the image of the check. The limit displayed applies to individual checks, not your daily or 30 day rolling dollar amount limits.
What happens if I have a check that exceeds my limit?
These items can be deposited at any ServU Credit Union branch.
Tips for taking a good photo:
• Take the photo in a well-lit area
• Place the check on a solid dark background
• Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when taking your photos
• Make sure the entire check is visible and in focus before submitting your request
• Avoid having other objects in the frame such as other papers, pens, etc.
ServU does not charge a fee for using Mobile Check Deposit, however your wireless carrier may charge data/text messaging fees. Some account types may not qualify for Mobile Check Deposit. These include business, organization, and association accounts, accounts with delinquent loans or negative balances, and minor accounts without teen share draft or teen debit cards.